Friday, March 16, 2012

weather.

i really cant put into words what warm weather does for my soul. don't get me wrong i can totally get on board with what every season has to offer, but the warm ones are where im happiest-especially the transition seasons. that first moment in early october when it's no longer humid and the leaves begin to change and the moment in march (or february this year) when it's warm enough to just be outside, those have got to be my favorites. it's in those moments, i know god is preparing my heart for another great season of life.

if you know me even a little, you know im ridiculously nostalgic and i love going down memory lane. the beginning and ending of the different seasons is always such a time of reflection for me of where ive been, where i went, and where i can go. and every single significantly amazingly happy thing has happened in my life during these moments.

i was blessed to get to spend all of yesterday looking at a lake. and if anything stirs up reflection for me, it's large bodies of water. bonus points if mountains are near (which they are here). ive spent the whole day playing with eli and thinking back to so many summer memories. i miss the past. i miss the days when i thought i had everything figured out. but in the midst of all of my confusion and fear about the future, god is always there, painting this picture, and reminding me whos bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment